Sunday, July 12, 2009

i'm late!

I can not believe that I didn't post lost night! however, there is a good reason.

Yesterday started out well but early. I was awaken by Dan and told to get ready to go to "The Market." I had no idea what this mysterious location was but I hopped in the shower and threw on some clothes none-the-less. "The Market" ended up being an event held every saturday in Columbus Uptown actually called "The Market Days." Different venders set up booths around the Uptown area and sell things such as jewelry, baked goods, or (like my friend P-Funk) salsa! Katy, my mom, and I frolicked around for a little bit before dropping Katy off at her friend Lauren's house (where Dan and Lauren's boyfriend, James, were waiting).

After a short break at home, my mom and I went on a date... to the Goodwill! I ended up not finding anything but mom left the store with two pairs of tennis shoes. Way to go, mom. Mom and I went through the drive-thru at Chick-fil-a (love) and then went to TJMaxx to check out some bargains but didn't get to stay long due to an appointment for me - a Haircut!

At Salon NG, I got an awesome haircut/trim from Angie. Always fun to catch up and talk about life at UGA with her. And it only took about twenty minutes!

haircut by Angie at Salon NG
(this photo was taken at a stop light; loretta the jetta was not further injured during this photoshoot. taryn - this is the hair cut PRE gritzy.)

Back at home, I helped Tripp and my mom prepare for tonight's activities - A tailgate/pre-game for a concert across the Chattahoochee in Phenix City, AL. Tripp, who is starting a Barbeque business, had been up since five a.m. preparing all different types of pork to serve that evening. To make the story short... It was amazing and that feeling was unanimous. Thanks Trippy!

Due to the fact I'd never even heard of the band, I decided to opt out of the concert and head home to hang out with one of my all time BFFs, Mary Frances. Mary Frances and I went and got some coffee at Dunkin Donuts, a donut at Golden Donuts, and basically a road trip all around columbus including a stop at a really awesome house that overlooks the river. Mary Frances and I went back to my house and looked through five ENTIRE yearbooks included our third through seventh grade years. Favorite quote of the night from Mary Frances, "SHE WAS MY GIRL!" I laughed so hard when she said that.

The night rolled around to about five in the morning and Mary Frances decided to sleepover! We crashed in the bunk beds downstairs in the play room at my mom's house and slept in until about eleven thirty. Bonus Points!

Until later tonight.

3 comments:

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Can't wait to see your haircut photos posted (despite having already seen your 'do in person). And you went to two different donut-esque places in one night? You crack me up.

paulbeck said...

picture is posted!

K_Streams_Her_C said...

Lookin' classy!

What is pre-gritzy, homey?