Thursday, August 13, 2009

a recap of two-a-days. day 8.

So yesterday (Wednesday) started like many days prior, at exactly 8 a.m. when my alarm (Full Circle by Miley Cyrus) went off. I took a shower, got ready, blah, blah, blah. I was at the coliseum by nine.

The UCA staff would only be with us from 9-12 that day so we had a lot of work to get done. We worked on stunts and pyramids all morning. After lunch at Snelling (two chicken philly sandwiches, some onion rings, a few strawberries, some vanilla soft serve with whipped cream, two sugar cookies, and a scoop of rainbow sherbet), we headed back to the coliseum to finish off the day.

Coach Shelly O'Brien said that after we completed everything required of us, we would be able to leave early. So with a little fire under our butts, we completed the checklist. But yet, we weren't done? We were instructed to run around the coliseum's (that's a weird word to say) upper level while, individually, we would meet with Coach O about evaluations. This run lasted about twenty minutes, then a fairly lengthy abs circuit followed. Eventually, I was called to get my evaluation, which I was very pleased with. After everyone had received their eval, we were released (around 4).

After cheer was over, I headed to Verizon with Ashley (who was struggling with the new phone she got on Tuesday). After that little rendezvous, we stopped at Chick-Fil-A for dinner. After we returned to her apartment and ate, I passed out on the couch for about an hour. After waking up, I realized that I had a text from one of my best friends, Frances. It was an invite to come over... so I did! Frances (who I have known since third grade) recently transfered to UGA. So I headed over to Frances's apartment and hung out with her and her two roommates, Courtney and Gabrielle. The main topic of conversation was Recruitment, which Frances and Courtney are both going through right now.

After departing with Frances, I headed over to Matthew's apartment to say hello and catch up on each other's summer. This didn't last very long because I was pretty exhausted. So I made my way over to Ashley's apartment and went to bed pretty much right away.

As of right now, it's a little after eleven and I'm sitting on Ashley's couch in my PJs. I'm sure you're wondering why... I'm supposed to have two-a-days day 9 today, right? Well, Coach O gave us the morning off! So I slept in until around 10 (that rhymed) and have done basically nothing since. I hope to get lunch soon and we have to be at the coliseum by one.

Until later!

1 comment:

K_Streams_Her_C said...

You've been a busy guy!

btw, let me know if you want to talk about some easy things to cook at your a-p-t! I can help!